God, in His wisdom, has allowed a multitude of individuals in our society to wield significant influence. How can we pray effectively for them?
Here is a biblical guide to help you do just that. Please do not feel overwhelmed; simply select one person and commit to diligently intercede on their behalf for a specific period of time.
1. That they be God-fearing and recognize that they are accountable to Him for each division and act. Prov. 9:10
2. That they be presented with the gospel and a loving Christian witness. Rom. 10:14
3. That, if unsaved, they be drawn to a saving encounter with Christ; if born-again, they be strengthened an encouraged in their faith. Eph.1:17-23, 1 Tim 2:4
4. That they be granted wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
5. That they recognize their own inadequacy and pray and seek the will of God. Prov. 3:5-8, Luke 11:9-13
6. That they be convicted of sin, transgression and iniquity. Ps. 51:17, John 8:9
7. That they heed their conscience, confess their sins and repent. Prov. 28:13, James 4:8
8. That they respect authority and practice accountability. Rom. 13:1-7
9. That they be given godly counsel and God-fearing advisors. Prov. 24:6
10. That they be practicing members of local congregations. Heb.10:25
11. That they desire purity and avoid debauchery, pornography, perversion and drunkenness. 1 Cor. 6:9-20, 1 Tim. 6:6-10
12. That they be generous and have compassionate hearts for the poor and needy. Ps. 112:9, Lk. 10:33-37
13. That they redeem their time and know priorities. Eph. 5:15-17
14. That they desire humility and meekness and be willing to serve and cooperate. John 13:14, Titus 3:1-2
15. That they be prepared to give account to Almighty God. Heb. 9:27